Off The Beaten Path

Peering down the trail as far as I can see.
Curious what it holds, but clinging to the safety of what I know.

I may get lost.
It might be a hard road to climb.
What if it's a dead end?

I want the comfort of the well-worn path, but I get tired of the predictability of it.
I want the adventure of the new, unexplored territory, but I am not willing to step out into the unknown.

I seem stuck at an overwhelming crossroad. 
My heart yearning for boldness and new adventures. 
My mind longing to play it safe and stay comfortable.
What can I do?

Step out.
Even if it's just one small step at a time.

Small steps off of the old, worn path. 
Small steps into the unknown. 

Until the unknown becomes the known. Until my territory is enlarged. Soon I find myself in new, exciting places I never thought I could be. This is the moment the unknown becomes familiar.

And when the unknown becomes familiar...I know what I must do.

Step out again.



Popular Posts