Just Be

Like a faint refrain of a melody,
In the corridors of my memory,
Only heard in the quiet, still,
When I stop to do what my heart might will.

Will I hear His voice, the familiar sound?
That gentle heart tug, when love surrounds,
Like a favorite quilt that comforts and covers me,

His love surrounds and hovers over me.
When everybody seems to need something else from me,
When I don't want to "do,"
I just want to "be..."

He says,

"Come away,
Can you make the time?
Come away,
Place your hand in Mine.

I long for our hearts to be entwined,
Until you can't tell which heartbeat is yours and which is Mine."

The King of all Eternity,
He wants to spend some time with me?
He bends down low to kiss my face.
He lifts my head and lovingly says...

"If you could see yourself the way I see,
If you could only know what you mean to Me."

Take the blinders off!
I cry.
No more lies!
I want to see me through Your eyes!

"Sit with Me," He says,
"I'll show you what I see.
Come. I always have time.
I have eternity.

You don't have to talk,
Just be with Me, stay awhile,
I'm your Father, I just love to see you smile.
In this moment, I ask nothing of you,
I just want to sit with you and tell you, 'I love you.'

Allow my presence to enfold you,
Allow my love to gently hold you,

I see,
I know,
All you're going through.
I see,
I know,
I'm right here with you.

You're never alone,
I'm always there.
When I feel far, it's only because you've been blinded by cares.

Lay the cares down,
Lay it all at my feet.
Crawl up on My Lap,
Come take a seat.

Let's sit, let's talk, let's laugh and cry.
Let's be quiet, let's rest, let's run and fly.
Come away.
Come away.
To the Secret Place.

Come away.
Come away.
Come and seek My face.

I know just what your heart is needing,
I know your heart's cry, I know your heart's pleading.
I have all you need and so much more.
Come and ask Me. What are you waiting for?

Come. I'll give you all you need.
Come, I give it all happily.
My love, you see, is 'no-strings-attached.'
When I give love, I don't expect something back.

I want your heart, but I will wait.
It's yours to give, it's yours to take,
It's yours to keep, it's yours to break.

Your heart is like a treasure filled with gold,
Buried down deep, with treasures untold,
It's highly sought after, many want even just a piece,
But when you entrust your heart to Me,
I keep it hidden, safe and sound,
Your heart in My heart,
In My Love, you are found.
Never lost, never broken,
Always safe, your heart is spoken for.

I'd love to have it,
if you're willing to give it.
Your heart was created to be loved by Me,
It's the only way it will truly be happy.

Loved fully.
Loved wholly.
Loved purely.
Loved holy.

Beloved.
Be loved.
Be.

You are so loved by Me."

And so I lay my heart down again this day.
Realizing, once again, I've hidden it away.
Away from shame, away from pain,
But also away from love and His healing rain.

I trust You, Lord. I trust Your ways.
I trust you, Lord. You hold my days.
Even when I don't understand,
Even when I can't see,
Even then, especially,

I know I'm loved.
I know I'm seen.
By a Loving Father.

So I'll just, be.

Belong.
Be still.
Be loved.
Be me.


Popular Posts