Tell Me That Story Again

Hey Papa,

Tell me that story again.
The one You tell so well.
I want to climb up in Your lap today, 
To hear once more why You created me and just be held.

Tell me how You created each star and placed it in the sky,
And then You created and placed me.
Tell me how You knew my name before all time,
Before I ever came to be me.

Tell me how You formed this world with just a word 
And said that it was good,
But it needed something else, so You created one me, 
And smiled from where You stood.

Tell me how You smile when you think about me.
Tell me how You love me unconditionally.


Tell me how You’re walking out before me and making a way,
Tell me I am never lost, never alone, I never have to be afraid.

Tell me how You never change, You always stay the same.
Tell me of Your steady love that carries me every day.

Tell me how You’ve prepared a place for me where we’ll be together someday,
Tell me the plans you have down here, all the things to do before that day.

Tell me that I am enough, You have equipped me for this race,
Tell me all the gifts You put inside of me for anything I might face.

In a world that tells me who I am not or who they think I should be,
Only You can tell me who I am.

So tell me that story again, Papa.
The one You wrote just for me.

Let’s just sit here for awhile longer...

Popular Posts