When You Look At Me

“Hey Papa?
When you look at me, do you like what you see?”
I asked Him somewhat sheepishly.
“I’m not sure if I love who I’m turning out to be.
I’m not sure if I’m living up to the potential You’ve placed inside of me.
I’m not sure if I can be who you’ve asked me to be.
I just need to know today what You think of me.
Can you remind me what You see?”

Oh, My daughter. 
My daughter. 
You are so lovely to Me.
I thought of you before all time. 
I created you so lovingly. 
You are My dream.
Can’t you see?

I’ve placed within you all you need.
For every day.
For every place.
For every step you take with Me.
I give you grace.

Even if you don’t see the way
Or don’t understand, 
Even if you forget,
I’m right there. 
Guiding you.
Reminding you.
Walking alongside you, 
Every step.

I’m in you.
I’m on you.
I’m surrounding you through it all.
I go before you,
I walk behind you,
I carry you when you fall.

I’m the very breath in your lungs,
The very beat of your heart.
The first thought in the morning,
The last thought in the evening.
We are never apart.

Never.

And every moment I behold you, I smile with a Father’s love.

I love you on the days you feel you did everything well.
I love you on the days when you feel like you fell.
I love you every minute of every hour of every day of every year.
Since you came into existence and even before then, I have loved you, My dear.

Stop looking in the mirror to see who you are.

Look to Me,
My daughter.
Look to Me.

I know exactly who I created you to be.

I will show you as you go.
We walk together along this road.
You are not alone.
You have nothing to prove.
Just walk with Me.
Move when I move.
Be still when I’m still.
I know the way already
Together we’ll walk out My will.
Purposeful and steady.

Don’t run off ahead or be anxious or strive.
Sit in the passenger seat and just let Me drive.

Learn My ways, 
Learn my pace.
Seek My heart,
Seek My face.
Be still in My presence and I’ll show you the way.

What do I see when I look at you?
I could tell you endlessly for days and days...
I see My beautiful daughter.
I see My true love.
I gave everything to be with you.
And I would do it again and again, My perfect dove.

You never need to question My love.
You never need to question your worth.
I gave My only Son for you.
I sent Him to the Earth,
So He could die just to show you how much I love you.
How I would lay it all on the line
Just to have you in My life.
That’s how much you mean to Me.

I couldn’t love you more than I already do.
I couldn’t give you any more—I’ve already given all I have to you.

It’s all yours.
All of it.
More love than you could ever need.

So receive it.

It’s My gift to you.
It cost more than you’ll ever know.
But I’d do it all again.
Just for you.
Because I love you so.

My daughter. 
My love.
My bride.
My dove.
Me, as a kid, in my happy place, feeding deer at a deer park.

Some things never change. Still love feeding deer!


Popular Posts