Your Heart Is Not on Lockdown

“Your heart is not on lockdown.”
I heard His soft and loving voice soothe the quiet ache in my heart.
“I know you’ve kept it safe and hidden during this time.
I understand why. You’ve kept it protected, sheltered in place; tucked away where pain can’t reach. Waiting to see what will happen next, not knowing, not in control, so unsure. 
It feels scary to you, I know.
But I am still here. 
I am still in control. 
I am still holding you close. 
I am still providing for your every need. 
I am still protecting you and your house. 
I am still here.
Please don’t shelter your heart away from Me. 
I long to love you whole again.
To pour out my love upon you—to soften the hard places, to heal the ache and wounds from this difficult season.
I long to draw you close and tell you everything is going to be alright. 
To comfort your heart.
To hold you tight. 
You’ve kept your heart safe.
I understand why.
But you can trust My gentle, yet powerful love.
I will wash away the fear.
I will wipe away every tear. 
I will renew your strength.
I will make all things new.
I will hold you steady when all seems unsure. 
I’ve got you.
I’m holding you.
I’ve never let go and I never will.
Won’t you open your heart to Me now? 

Distractions seem nice for awhile.
Get your mind off what’s happening. Watch something that makes you smile. 
I understand why.
But there’s also a time to be still and know that I am God.
To quiet yourself in My presence.
So I can speak to your heart what it longs to hear. 
I’m waiting for you to draw near. 
So bring your heart here,
It is safe with Me, dear.
I will break down the walls you have built up around it. 
The shelter you’ve built to surround it.
It served a purpose for a time, but that time has passed.
I am Your Shelter.
A Strong Tower that lasts
Forever.
I’ll keep your heart safe.
I’ve got you.
I’ve always had you.
I’ll always be right here with you. 
As close as your heartbeat.
I am your safe, secret hiding place.
Come. 
Rest here in My love.”

Popular Posts