Change...

A day just like any other day.

Like a thousand days before.

Nothing special or out of the ordinary, but sweet just the same.

I know I'll miss it some quiet tomorrow, when my normal will be different until it feels normal once again.

Then I realize there is no such thing as normal in an ever changing world.

Only moments.

Beautiful moments we must capture and savor in our hearts.
Fleeting moments we think will last forever, but we blink and they are different...somehow.

We grow. We change. We go our different ways.
The old, familiar places never look quite the same. 

Driving alone, can't hear the words to the song.
My heart is caught up in memories of once before.

I soak in the sights as I drive down the path I've driven a million times before. 
I know before too long I will be gone, driving new roads to new places.
When I come back, the road will have changed, along with it the once familiar faces.

The laughter, the tears and all the in-betweens through the passing of years. 
Memories, like shadows in my heart, growing long.

My heart hurts as I release it all into the Hands of a Savior that knows what it is to lay down the things that He loves.

The pain mixed with joy.

An end.

...leads me into a new beginning.
I want to take it all with me, but I know can't. 

Like precious gifts,
I lay it all at His feet.

He holds me and counts all my tears.

God was there then.
He'll be there again.

God, You're already there.

You're behind, You're ahead
You surround, You are here.
You hold my tomorrows. 

You're already there.
You're already there.


A photo of one of my favorite spots along my walking path in Florida.

Popular Posts